Based in Brisbane, Australia
May 13, 2010
Press / Business Contact:
Beyond the thirteen gates at the end of the world, the game of life and death is played. Draw your cards, play your hand, and discover your fate. Hand of Fate is a hybrid roguelike/action-RPG/deck builder, in which the player builds a set of cards into a deck, which is then used to deal out the dungeon floors through which they adventure. Upon entering a combat, all of the cards the player has collected fly into their hands as fully modeled 3D assets, and combat begins.
Defiant Development is an independent game studio based in Brisbane, Australia. We are a combination of local veterans of the console industry (Pandemic, THQ, Sega, Krome) and fresh new talent. We're all about making new, exciting games.
Launch Trailer YouTube
There are far more images available for Defiant Development, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
- "Defiant Deals a Winning Hand"
- Daniel Tack, Game Informer
- "Fun combat, solid roguelike dynamics, and an engrossing atmosphere make this one of the most compelling games on early access. And with the newly-introduced endless mode, there’s no limit to how deeply it can suck you in."
- Geoff Thew, Hardcore Gamer
- "...I highly recommend you start buckling yourself in and stocking up on non-perishable food items, because the awesomeness that is embodied in Hand of Fate is something akin to a beautiful apocalyptic light that will melt all who do not seek shelter."
- Nathaniel Liles, cliquist.com
- "To me, this seems like a no-brainer...seems like something that should have come out a lot sooner"
- Kris Gutheridge, 4playernetwork.com Podcast
- "Hand of Fate Coming to PS4, PS Vita"
- Kim Allom, Playstation Blog
Visual Effects Artist
Quality Assurance Lead
Jeff Van Dyck